@trendimi

Review Time! Trendimi Make Up Course

11:09 AM

When my friend sent me a link to a Groupon for online makeup courses for $29. I was sold right away...





I quickly bought the Groupon and started the classes.  On Trendimi's website there are multiple different online courses, that range from makeup to styling. The makeup course has 9 different modules that go over things like skin types, color correction, and tools. At the end of each module there is a practice test and then a quiz over the things covered.  At the end of the course, you can print off a certificate stating you completed the course.  I highly doubt that it really "counts" as far as becoming a certified makeup artist, but it's nice to have something to show for the success.

As far as the content of the courses, it was extremely basic.  Most of the content was stuff that anyone with the smallest amount of makeup knowledge would probably already know.  It covered things like what type of foundation is good for what skin type, how to choose colors that are appropriate for your skin tone and the thing that I found the most challenging was what makeup tools are good for certain makeup products.

I would love to say that I learned a lot of new things from this course, but most of the things I already knew. It was good to get a refresher on makeup tips/tricks that I may have forgotten. Overall, I would say for me (obsessed with makeup) it wasn't worth the $29 I spent on this Groupon.  If you are maybe more of a beginner (or less than obsessed) with makeup though, it would be a great value!

Note: The website claims that these classes are worth $400+.  Definitely not worth that much!





6 comments

  1. How nice to see a blog about make-up! Keep up the good work and keep the tips coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Both D and I love all things beauty and appreciate the comments! :)

      Delete
  2. thank goodness. i was about to buy it. but, most of the things you mentioned, i already know from watching videos on youtube, magazines, and sephora. thank you again for sparing me from spending $30 on things i already know! sorry you kind of wasted your money though. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, I'm just glad that I could save you some time/disappointment (not to mention $30!)
      Don't forget to check out our contest on Facebook-you could win a $25 Ulta gift card!

      Delete
  3. Thank you... I was about to purchase this Groupon and decided it was almost too good to be true, so I Googled reviews and your blog came up along with several other review. Too bad Groupon doesn't check these things before selling them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a real ability for writing unique content. I like how you think and the way you represent your views in this article. I agree with your way of thinking. Thank you for sharing. gluten free makeup

    ReplyDelete

MAUREEN



Maureen is a long time lover of beauty, fashion and all things girlie. She is lucky to have a bestie that loves beauty and silliness as much as she does! She is a licensed esthetician/makeup artist and loves it. All around, Maureen has a great life full of friends and family. Find Maureen on Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter.

DANIELLE



Danielle has a nail polish obsession, and its a bit out of control. She doesn't always have the cash to fund her addiction, so she's become an expert on thrifty nail tricks! She's lucky to have Maureen, her very best friend since kindergarten, and is engaged to her boyfriend of 7 years. Connect with Danielle on Pinterest, Twitter and Tumbler.