#bodypride

Throwback Thursday: Peace Out, Man

12:41 PM

For my first Throwback Thursday look, I was inspired by one of the most important people in my life...


My beautiful mom!


Not only has my mom been one of my biggest cheerleaders, she has taught me the importance of inner and outer beauty.  I have taken the "hippie" look a little more literal than my mom did in her picture, but the idea is the same.  Clean and fresh with very natural makeup.  My mom told me she didn't really wear much makeup (she's lucky she has such great skin!) and that's what I wanted to capture in this makeup look.

Not only is this look very pretty, but its so easy to achieve.

Step 1: Even out skin with foundation (I used CoverGirl Clean makeup in Buff Beige)

Step 2: Set foundation with powder (Ulta Fabulous Face Pressed Powder)

Step 3: Line upper lid as close to lash line as possible (Ulta Automatic Eyeliner in Deep Brown)

Step 4: Sweep cream colored eye shadow over entire lid (Urban Decay Bootycall)

Step 5:Sweep brownish-grey color from lash line to crease (Urban Decay Tease)

Step 6: Finish with black mascara (L'Oreal Double extend) and curl your lashes

I finished the look with some clear lip gloss, and you are good to go!

I love some of the makeup looks from the past, this is definitely one of my favorite looks.  What looks are your favorite?






2 comments

  1. Omg this is so cute! And simple, I could wear this to work! Your mom is so pretty in that picture, I can totally tell its her. Tell her she still looks the same, except without the hippie hair lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I will tell her. I love this look as well...so easy and natural!

      Delete

MAUREEN



Maureen is a long time lover of beauty, fashion and all things girlie. She is lucky to have a bestie that loves beauty and silliness as much as she does! She is a licensed esthetician/makeup artist and loves it. All around, Maureen has a great life full of friends and family. Find Maureen on Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter.

DANIELLE



Danielle has a nail polish obsession, and its a bit out of control. She doesn't always have the cash to fund her addiction, so she's become an expert on thrifty nail tricks! She's lucky to have Maureen, her very best friend since kindergarten, and is engaged to her boyfriend of 7 years. Connect with Danielle on Pinterest, Twitter and Tumbler.