#hair

Review Time: Loreal EverPure Sulfate-Free Shampoo and Conditioner

3:54 AM



There's been a lot of buzz lately about sulfate-free shampoo.  Always one to try new stuff, I was like "Cool! Let's do it!"
So, I went out and got a bottle of Loreal's EverPure shampoo, and the matching conditioner. I got the volume formula because ever since gradschool my hair does this cute thing where it falls out when I'm stressed. Which is apparently often. Fun!

At first, I loved it! I'm not super attached to my lather so I didn't miss it much, and its not a huge difference, really.

I started using it around October, and I loved it so much, I bought more when I ran out. That winter, I had horrible problems with static! So bad that I was carrying around fabric softener sheets in my purse. (They work great, and your hair smells good!) Now, this may be setting off alarm bells for you, but I'd been using the shampoo and conditioner for so long at this point that I didn't make the connection.

Until...
I went to shop at Bath and Body Works, and I was buying like every product they have in their Shea Cashmere line and the sales lady asked me if I'd tried the shampoo. I was like ehh.. "I don't like to buy things without sampling them first."  To my surprise, she says "no problem!" and proceeds to pour samples of the shampoo and conditioner into little plastic take out containers. And she did not skimp! It was enough to use for more than a week. And I loved it, it smells great! I'll be buying it when I use up my EverPure.

Anyway, the whole time I'm using it, my hair isn't staticy. I must be slow, cause still I didn't think much of it. Until I run out of my samples. The next day, my hair is immediately feeling really dry, and its soooo staticy. And FINALLY it hit me: this shampoo is drying my hair!! So the next day I used my fiance's manshampoo and no static. Confirmed. EverPure dries my hair out like whoa. I'm too cheap to just toss it, so I bought a really great leave-in conditioner. (I realize now it would have been cheaper to just toss the EverPure but I hate to waste it! No, thats a lie, I'm lying because I want to justify my bad decision.)

Long Story Short: Test before buying and you won't even up carrying fabric softener sheets in your purse. Although you may want to anyway, because they will make your purse smell great!

1 comments

  1. Great review Maureen, yes there were many buzz lately about sulfate-free shampoo through the net. If you are looking for best sulfate free shampoo, believe it or not, many SFS users prefer L'Oreal. Not because it is a 100 Sulfat FREE, but very affordable and inexpensive to buy.

    ReplyDelete

MAUREEN



Maureen is a long time lover of beauty, fashion and all things girlie. She is lucky to have a bestie that loves beauty and silliness as much as she does! She is a licensed esthetician/makeup artist and loves it. All around, Maureen has a great life full of friends and family. Find Maureen on Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter.

DANIELLE



Danielle has a nail polish obsession, and its a bit out of control. She doesn't always have the cash to fund her addiction, so she's become an expert on thrifty nail tricks! She's lucky to have Maureen, her very best friend since kindergarten, and is engaged to her boyfriend of 7 years. Connect with Danielle on Pinterest, Twitter and Tumbler.