#healthynails

Review Time! Nailtiques Nail Protein Formula 2

5:00 AM

Nailtiques offers five different formulas of Nail Protein.
I chose Formula 2.

Description from website:

Nailtiques Nail Protein
Formula 2 - Treatment for Soft, Peeling, Bitten, Weak or Thin Nails Nailtiques Nail Protein formulas were created to treat different nail conditions. The salon-tested formulations offer special combinations of ingredients, including hydrolyzed keratin and protein in combination with gelatin and calcium to build a healthy nail foundation. The protein formulas bond the nail layers together building a strong nail foundation resistant to peeling, chipping and splitting.
Benefits:
Nails that are soft, peeling, split or just will not grow will see marked improvement when treated with Formula 2. This formula consists of a unique blend of protein and conditioners. The protein immediately acts to help bond nails that are splitting or peeling. Formula 2 also helps to strengthen the nail resulting in long, strong and healthy nails.
Sounds just like my nails! I redo my nailpolish way too often (overexposure to polish remover!), I pick at my nails and generally just abuse them.  I used OPI's Nail Envy for years with marginal results, but was looking for something to allow me to grow my nails out more even when working. (I'm a nanny, not a job that's easy on the nails)
So, I went out and bought myself some. 

Cost:

In case you can't tell, its a small bottle.  And its fairly expensive, the 1/2 oz. bottle sells for $17.50.  I would say its not worth buying unless you really have a need.

Application:

Simple, you just apply daily.  It dries very quickly and can be worn under nail polish. Easy.
Usage Tip: My nail tips were really terrible so I applied to the underside also.

The Verdict:

Amazing! I noticed a difference after two applications. Yeah, TWO! My nails were harder and appeared to be peeling less.  After a week, its like I have new nails.  They don't peel anymore and I can open a pop tab, which would have definitely torn my nail right off before.  After a couple weeks I started applying it less often.  I did a test and went without the nail protein for a couple days to see if the effects last. They do! At this point, I feel like my nails are basically healed, but I'm going to keep applying it a few days a week because I'm still abusing my nails. (Hey, I'm just being honest!)

2 comments

  1. Great review, Danielle. I have always wondered about that kind of stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review! It's good to hear what a real person thinks, especially with a product that is kind of expensive.

    ReplyDelete

MAUREEN



Maureen is a long time lover of beauty, fashion and all things girlie. She is lucky to have a bestie that loves beauty and silliness as much as she does! She is a licensed esthetician/makeup artist and loves it. All around, Maureen has a great life full of friends and family. Find Maureen on Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter.

DANIELLE



Danielle has a nail polish obsession, and its a bit out of control. She doesn't always have the cash to fund her addiction, so she's become an expert on thrifty nail tricks! She's lucky to have Maureen, her very best friend since kindergarten, and is engaged to her boyfriend of 7 years. Connect with Danielle on Pinterest, Twitter and Tumbler.