#beauty

Trendy Tuesday: Chevron

4:00 AM



Chevron is a huge trend in recent months.  I love this trend in maxi dresses, shirts, nails and pretty much anywhere! Obviously, I wouldn't recommend trying to do chevron-inspired makeup...but there are lots of other ways to incorporate this fun trend into your style. Here are just a few outfits ideas taken from my Polyvore...




Those are just a few ideas. I love that chevron can add a pop of pattern without being overbearing to an entire outfit.  Here are a few more great chevron pieces from JCP and Charlotte Russe.  What are your favorite ways to wear this trend?  Share below in the comments!

One of my pet peeves is tutorials that make you go out and buy things, like I don't spend enough money on nail polish already!
So I make do with what I have around the house. For this particular design, what I had was those stickers you get with your birth control pills. 
Whatever, its free stickers I can cut up without caring. You can use any sticker sheet, or tape if you're good like that, I'm not. 
First apply a base coat, and your bottom color and let dry. Then, fix any smears you made digging in your purse cause you just couldn't wait for your polish to dry. You'd think I'd learn. 
Then, you need to create your chevron design on your sticker. Now you can either use a ruler to measure it out, or use those zig zag scrapbook scissors if you have them. I rulered it, mostly to prove I could. 
Then apply your stickers to you DRY nail polish. Let it dry overnight if you can, because the sticker will take your polish off if its not fully dry. 

Then paint in your stripes! I recommend taking the stickers off immediately, rather than letting the polish dry first, mostly because some stickers can leave a residue if left on too long. If you do have a residue, you can either cover it with your top coat and don't worry about it, or wipe it off once the polish is fully dry. 
Finally, finish with a top coat and admire your masterpiece!!


0 comments

MAUREEN



Maureen is a long time lover of beauty, fashion and all things girlie. She is lucky to have a bestie that loves beauty and silliness as much as she does! She is a licensed esthetician/makeup artist and loves it. All around, Maureen has a great life full of friends and family. Find Maureen on Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter.

DANIELLE



Danielle has a nail polish obsession, and its a bit out of control. She doesn't always have the cash to fund her addiction, so she's become an expert on thrifty nail tricks! She's lucky to have Maureen, her very best friend since kindergarten, and is engaged to her boyfriend of 7 years. Connect with Danielle on Pinterest, Twitter and Tumbler.