@avoninsider

5 Minute Makeup

12:43 PM

A friend of mine recently confessed she doesn't wear makeup because she doesn't have time to put it on in the morning. I said, "woman, how long does it take you to put on makeup?!" Her idea of makeup was primer, concealer, foundation, powder, blush, bronzer, 3 or 4 eye shadow colors, mascara, lip liner, lip stick, lip gloss. She felt like it was all or nothing.

I said "let me teach you my 5 minute makeup routine."
There was so much interest from other friends that I thought I better write about it. 
So here it is, my 5 Minute Everyday Makeup routine:

Step 1: Say hello to your new best friend, BB Cream.

Let me first say that all BB Creams are NOT created equal!! In general, I am usually unimpressed by BB Creams. I think most BB Creams are like bad moisturizer combined with streaky foundation, yuck. However, Avon's BB Cream has made me a convert. I write this guide with Avon's BB Cream in mind, and I take no responsibility if your cream doesn't pull it's weight. I recommend anyone interested email Karen, our lovely Avon rep and tell her you want to give Avon's BB Cream a try! 
So the first step of my routine is to ditch the primer, concealer, foundation and powder. Instead, I use Avon's BB Cream as my moisturizer. Apply it just like you would your normal facial moisturizer. It also takes the place of your SPF serum. (Which you apply every single day to protect against sun damage, right?!)
It gives skin a wonderfully moisturized feeling, just enough light coverage to make it look like you have naturally great skin, and a great semi-matte finish. 
Now that took about 30 seconds to apply. And you have a perfect canvas for the rest of our steps. 

Step 2: Blush like you just heard a dirty joke!

For everyday wear, I recommend either a cheek stain or a cream blush. They offer better staying power and a more natural look, because they don't just sit on top of the skin. 
My favorite is Benefit's cheek stains, Benetint and Posietint. I think everyone should head to Sephora and give them both a try! Don't be scared of the colors, blush often looks very different on. If cheek stain is too big a step for you, you can find cream blush in almost all drug store lines. The most important thing is to find a color that makes you feel spectacular! 

Step 3: Simple shadow to bring out your already beautiful eyes!

First sweep a nice, light neutral color along the whole lid and up to the brow bone. My favorite is TheBalm's Mary Lou Manizer shown below
I like a shimmery eye, but there are a million great colors to choose from so get what speaks to you. 
Next we'll add a second color to bring out those beautiful eyes! This color will depend on what color your eyes are. I have green eyes so I usually go for deep plums and coppery browns. Blue eyes should aim for soft rose colors or chocolate browns. And brown eyed ladies are lucky! Almost everything looks great with brown eyes, so find a color to bring out the different tones in your eyes. This second color can be as neutral and natural, or as wild and adventurous as you want. 
With this color you're going to start on the outside of your eye and sweep the color just inside the crease of your eye. All this does is add a little dimension to your eyes. 
Tip: Swirl your eye applicator or brush in the shadow and then tap or blow the excess shadow off the brush. It's much easier to apply more layers than it is to try to take some off cause you applied too much!! 
Now blend, blend, blend! No one looks good with stripes on their eye lids! 

Step 4: Mascara.

Oh hells yeah! Mascara has this amazing ability to make your eyes look bigger and more awake, and when applied properly it can look like you just have naturally fabulous lashes!
The first step is to start with a great mascara. My favorite is Avon's Mega Effects Mascara. 
Because I have really terrible, thin, sparse, straight lashes, so I need seriously great mascara. If you want to know more, watch for our review! 
Whatever mascara you choose, apply it one coat at a time, brushing out clumps in between coats. 
What? You don't have an eyelash comb?! Shame on you! Your best weapon in the battle against clumps is a simple eyelash comb. Place the comb side at the base of your lashes and blink, letting your lashes slide through the comb. Do this between mascara coats to get thick, full lashes without any clumping! 

Step 5: Lip gloss.

It's no secret I'm a lip gloss addict. I carry two in my pocket every day, minimum, and dozens in my purse. I think a great gloss on the lips completes any look and makes you look put together. And it's so simple! Forget lipstick and liner, too much work! Grab a gloss with a color you like and swipe it on anytime you need some shine. Easy.

That's it! Can't take more than 5 minutes, so everyone has the time! 


0 comments

MAUREEN



Maureen is a long time lover of beauty, fashion and all things girlie. She is lucky to have a bestie that loves beauty and silliness as much as she does! She is a licensed esthetician/makeup artist and loves it. All around, Maureen has a great life full of friends and family. Find Maureen on Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter.

DANIELLE



Danielle has a nail polish obsession, and its a bit out of control. She doesn't always have the cash to fund her addiction, so she's become an expert on thrifty nail tricks! She's lucky to have Maureen, her very best friend since kindergarten, and is engaged to her boyfriend of 7 years. Connect with Danielle on Pinterest, Twitter and Tumbler.