#cosmetics

Throwback Thursday: Glamour and Glitter, Fashion and Fame!

11:11 AM

I don't know about all of you, but I love the 80's, and nothing says 80's like the cartoon, Jem.  Danielle and I used to watch it all the time and we would dream about someday becoming as glamorous (and glittery) as Jem.
Here's a little background music just to get you in the mood:



For this I'm going to do two different makeup looks...one is "inspired" by Jem, and the other is a more literal look that is probably not going to work for everyday.

First I will show you how to get the Jem 'inspired' look....

1. Even skin with foundation (Mary Kay Medium Coverage Foundation-Beige)

2. Set foundation with powder (Ulta Pressed Powder)

3. Fill in eyebrows with appropriate color (I have light brown/blonde hair so I use a light brown eye shadow)

4. Sweep light pink all over lids

5. Take a dark purple eyeshadow and sweep it in the crease from the outer to inner corner of your eyes (I used Rimmel Glam eye shadow quad for the whole look)

6. Take the medium pink color and sweep that from lash to crease

7. Blend, blend blend (which, is a great makeup tip just in general!)

8. Next, put on purple eyeliner and black mascara

9. Swipe some bright pink lipstick on to finish this look


Now to the more literal Jem look...I needed some help with this so I used my favorite makeup guru's youtube video:



Here is my recreation of this look...it's really fun if you have a theme party to go to...my only suggestion is maybe only use eyeshadow (rather than lipstick) for the eye makeup as I found the lipstick to be a little messy. I actually ended up re-doing this look with eye shadow.

CLOSE UP!
What are some of your favorite childhood cartoons?  Like our Facebook page at let us know what look you would like to see for our next Throwback Thursday!

While searching for inspiration for our Jem look, I found some amazing Jem products:






0 comments

MAUREEN



Maureen is a long time lover of beauty, fashion and all things girlie. She is lucky to have a bestie that loves beauty and silliness as much as she does! She is a licensed esthetician/makeup artist and loves it. All around, Maureen has a great life full of friends and family. Find Maureen on Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter.

DANIELLE



Danielle has a nail polish obsession, and its a bit out of control. She doesn't always have the cash to fund her addiction, so she's become an expert on thrifty nail tricks! She's lucky to have Maureen, her very best friend since kindergarten, and is engaged to her boyfriend of 7 years. Connect with Danielle on Pinterest, Twitter and Tumbler.