@avoninsider

Review Time: Avon's Ideal Flawless BB Cream

12:18 PM


Okay, in general, BB creams do not impress me. I feel like either I get streaky, gross looking coverage (ew) or the moisturizer sucks so bad I still need to use my normal facial lotion under it, in which case what's the point? 
But I love the idea of BB cream!!!!! I'm all about quick makeup, so I am ready to jump on a product that would combine my SPF serum, moisturizer and foundation into one. So for the last year I've been searching for one I would like. I tried the drug store ones, the department store ones, even those $70 ones (which I couldn't have afforded even if I did like them!) but I found nothing I really liked. 
When our Avon rep Karen offered me their Ideal Flawless BB Cream to try, I was like "sure, what the hell?" 
I've always found Avon to be the best when it comes to lotions, so I had high hopes for that aspect of it at least. 

The website reads:


After just one week, skin looks healthier, more even and radiant. Lightweight coverage. 
10-in-1 Beauty Balm:  
- infused with Vitamin E  
- infused with minerals and antioxidants  
- hydrates skin  
- evens skintone  
- visibly minimizes redness  
- conceals flaws  
- lightweight feel  
- smoothes skin  
- SPF 15 protection  
- skin looks better even after removing

Cost:


Okay so it's definitely affordable, which I expect from Avon anyway. 

First Impression:

It looks pretty much like you'd expect. I tried it on my hand first to see how the coverage was and it blended in well, I didn't notice any streaking, which is cool. I did notice that my hand felt softer. Worst case scenario, I can use it as a hand lotion? 

Application:

Okay now if this is replacing my SPF lotion and moisturizer then I'm going to apply it like it!! I will not be sitting in front of a mirror dabbing it on. 
So I literally put it on like moisturizer, rubbed it in, and then went to look in the mirror to see how bad the mess was. 
Only it wasn't? It was actually pretty awesome! As I looked more closely, I could tell that my skin was more even looking, but I couldn't find any spots that looked like I had makeup on. Not even between my eyebrows, a spot notorious for its dry skin patches and resistance to foundation of any kind. 
Okay at this point I'm standing in the mirror going "does this stuff really work?" 
Given my BB cream history, I was not so ready to declare success. I went to my fiancé and was like "am I wearing makeup?" Ever weary of trick questions, he looks really closely and answers, "no?" Is he just trying to please me? "You don't think I have makeup on???" Now he's looking scared, "um, no? I don't think so?" He's a boy and has no idea what he's talking about. 
So I track down my sister, bursting into her bedroom and demand to know if it looks like I have makeup on. "Hmm... No, but your skin does look better than normal." I can always count on my sister to tell me how it really is. 
Okay so now it's passed the sister test, and I'm impressed. 
But coverage isn't all I need from a BB cream. I can get that from a foundation, a BB cream also better give me some great moisture. 
I'll be totally honest, Avon is the queen of lotion. All my favorite hand and body lotions are Avon, so I'm really not at all surprised that the BB cream is really moisturizing. It gives the skin a superb soft feeling. Better than my old facial lotion, in all honesty. 
The finish has been described as "dewy" by others, but I disagree. I think it's like a semi-matte. It's not matte like a powder would be, but it's certainly more matte than a liquid foundation. I think its a natural finish, not so matte it looks like makeup. 

Bottom line:

Really the bottom line here is that ever since trying Avon's BB Cream, I've been using it every day. My skin feels better and I'm ecstatic to have finally found the perfect BB cream! 
Find it at: http://kyaughn.avonrepresentative.com/

2 comments

MAUREEN



Maureen is a long time lover of beauty, fashion and all things girlie. She is lucky to have a bestie that loves beauty and silliness as much as she does! She is a licensed esthetician/makeup artist and loves it. All around, Maureen has a great life full of friends and family. Find Maureen on Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter.

DANIELLE



Danielle has a nail polish obsession, and its a bit out of control. She doesn't always have the cash to fund her addiction, so she's become an expert on thrifty nail tricks! She's lucky to have Maureen, her very best friend since kindergarten, and is engaged to her boyfriend of 7 years. Connect with Danielle on Pinterest, Twitter and Tumbler.