@benefitbeauty

Review Time: Benefit's Posietint

6:31 AM



I already reviewed Benetint, Benefit's rose colored lip and cheek stain. Posietint is their poppy-pink colored lip and cheek stain. I loved Benetint, so I was super excited to try Posietint!
The website reads: 
This poppy-pink tinted stain brightens cheeks & lips with a cheery flush and natural finish. Kiss-proof & nuzzle-proof, the liquid-gel formula blends to just-picked perfection on all complexions and lasts for hours.

Cost:

$30 for 12.5 mL 0.42 US fl. oz.
You get a little bit more product than with Benetint, and I think its because its slightly less spreadable than Benetint is. 

Why I Wanted To Try It:

I loved Benetint!! But I think with my porcelain skin that I look really good in pink colors. 

First Impressions:

Its much thicker than Benetint, which was like water. This is more of a gel texture. Its a really bright, pretty pink. I knew from my experience with Benetint that the color of the product isn't necessarily indicative of the color you'll get when you use it. 
I tested it on my hand some and found that it stained much more quickly than the Benetint does. It also didn't spread as well. 

Application:

The website reads
For the most even flush, dab posietint on our foundation brush and blend on one cheek at a time.

But as we all know, I don't follow directions. Because it stains faster than Benetint and doesn't blend as well, I decided the best way to apply it would be to do smaller sections at a time. I started by drawing a little circle at the apples of my cheeks and blending that, then dotting a line up my cheek to my temples and blending that. 
Just like Benetint, it stained my fingers (not a huge deal). It gives a really pretty pink blush!! I followed by very lightly dusting my usual blush over it. 


The All day test:

I wore it to work every day last week. I'm in loooooove!!! It was over 90 degrees a few days last week. I was dripping sweat from my face as I walked the kids home. When we played outside, I melted. When we got inside, I got a paper towel wet and wiped down my face. Then I remembered my makeup and had a moment of panic!! But, upon looking in the mirror, I saw that my Posietint had stayed perfectly fine through all the sweating, 90 degree heat, and my crude washing of my face. Nice!!

Bottom line:

Its expensive, so I wouldn't recommend it for people who are perfectly happy with powder blush. For those of us who need extra staying power, though, its an amazing option that frees you from worrying about your blush melting off your face! 

3 comments

  1. I've always been curious about this one, I feel like benetint is way too dark for my liking so ill have to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a really pretty pink color! I wish it was as thin as benetint, because a bottle doesn't last as long and it doesn't spread as well, but I do like the color better!!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much! We will be posting our responses and the Liebster Award very soon!

    ReplyDelete

MAUREEN



Maureen is a long time lover of beauty, fashion and all things girlie. She is lucky to have a bestie that loves beauty and silliness as much as she does! She is a licensed esthetician/makeup artist and loves it. All around, Maureen has a great life full of friends and family. Find Maureen on Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter.

DANIELLE



Danielle has a nail polish obsession, and its a bit out of control. She doesn't always have the cash to fund her addiction, so she's become an expert on thrifty nail tricks! She's lucky to have Maureen, her very best friend since kindergarten, and is engaged to her boyfriend of 7 years. Connect with Danielle on Pinterest, Twitter and Tumbler.