@nyx

My Everyday Makeup Routine

11:18 AM

Unless I am doing something really special, my makeup routine day to day is pretty much the same...here's the steps sand a few pics of how to achieve this look. (P.S. sorry about the quality of the pics, I need a new camera and am currently using the camera on my phone!)




Start off with cleansing and moisturizing skin well.  Everything looks better on nice, clear skin...(something super important I learned in beauty school).

Using a foundation that matches your skin tone dot foundation all over face (I use NYX Invisible buy it here) and use a beauty blender or brush-I swear by the beauty blender-evenly distribute all over face.



If needed use concealer to hid imperfections. Urban Decay has an awesome full coverage concealer.

Powder face with matching color, and I use a pretty pinkish gold color on my cheeks.  I also use a little white shimmery eyeshadow to highlight desired areas (cheekbones mostly).


Prime the eyelid with an eyeshadow primer this gives the shadow something to bind to as well as will keep the eyeshadow in place for longer.

Using a light golden brown shadow sweep from lash line to crease.

Using a darker brown shadow sweep in the corners blending into the first color.

Sweep light off white color from crease to eye brow blending well with the first 2 colors.

Line lids with black or dark brown eye liner.

Apply mascara and whatever taupe/neutral lip color you like and you are good to go!

This is a super easy look that can be achieved in just a matter of minutes.




What are your favorite makeup looks?  Leave a comment and I may recreate it in the next post.





Happy Friday Besties! :)



1 comments

MAUREEN



Maureen is a long time lover of beauty, fashion and all things girlie. She is lucky to have a bestie that loves beauty and silliness as much as she does! She is a licensed esthetician/makeup artist and loves it. All around, Maureen has a great life full of friends and family. Find Maureen on Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter.

DANIELLE



Danielle has a nail polish obsession, and its a bit out of control. She doesn't always have the cash to fund her addiction, so she's become an expert on thrifty nail tricks! She's lucky to have Maureen, her very best friend since kindergarten, and is engaged to her boyfriend of 7 years. Connect with Danielle on Pinterest, Twitter and Tumbler.