#2000s

Throwback Thursday: *N SYNC with Makeup

1:41 PM

Any day that I get to post an *N SYNC music video from the early 2000's is a good day for me...(although I'm sure Danielle would disagree!)

For today's Throwback look I'm going back to when I was in high school...the early 2000's.  When I think of the early 2000's I think about white eyeliner, fake tans and frosty lipstick.  I don't know about you guys, but I also think that as far as style/makeup looks I wanted to emulate the most popular pop princesses out there...Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears.  I used this picture of Christina Aguilera as my inspiration for this look.

Google Image search
Obviously, I'm not even going to attempt the hair...but I will do my best to get the frosted purple eye shadow just right! (Ha Ha!) In case you forget some of the fashion trends in the early 2000's here's a great article to refresh your memory.

Here's an excellent song to set the mood of the early 2000s...


Now that we are fully in the 2000's mood let's get started!

1. Apply foundation, concealer and pressed face powder. 

2. Using a light pinkish cream blush (I used ELF Shimmering Facial Whip in Persimmon) apply to the apples of your checks.


3. Since this look is heavy on the eye shadow I used eye shadow primer (Elf Eyelid Primer in Pearl) wait for the primer to dry so that the eye shadow will stick well.

4. Using a very white eye shadow brush, from the brow bone to the eye lash line.  

 5. Find a lighter purple shadow, brush from eye lash line to the crease.

6. Using a darker purple shadow contour the outer crease of the lid. 

7. When you think you have put on your fill of purple eye shadow...keep going! This look has a LOT of eye shadow!

8.  To blend, I went back to the white eye shadow color and blended all the colors together 

9. Using a super red lipstick (same as what I used here) apply red lips .



It's a pretty simple look to achieve but I don't think I would recommend it for every day since it's so heavy on the eye makeup.  

What are some of your favorite looks from high school?  What are some of your biggest fashion or beauty regrets from your high school days?


0 comments

MAUREEN



Maureen is a long time lover of beauty, fashion and all things girlie. She is lucky to have a bestie that loves beauty and silliness as much as she does! She is a licensed esthetician/makeup artist and loves it. All around, Maureen has a great life full of friends and family. Find Maureen on Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter.

DANIELLE



Danielle has a nail polish obsession, and its a bit out of control. She doesn't always have the cash to fund her addiction, so she's become an expert on thrifty nail tricks! She's lucky to have Maureen, her very best friend since kindergarten, and is engaged to her boyfriend of 7 years. Connect with Danielle on Pinterest, Twitter and Tumbler.